This is SpARTa! :Q&A

The Spartan community has a wide variety of talent especially when it comes to art. This week’s artist of the week is Hannah Sturtzer. As a Pleasant Valley senior, Sturtzer has recently found a love for photography and many other Pleasant Valley students have fallen in love with her pictures.

Q: Are you going make photography your career in the future?

A: Honestly the world of photography is so widespread and competitive that I might just do it as a hobby to earn some side cash. I really just love the art and how it’s made me into the person I am today.

Q: Who is an artist that you look up to?

A: An artist that I look up to is one of my best friends, Chesley Schwantes. She has been taking photos for a lot longer and a lot of my photos are inspired from her, we also give a lot of feedback and advice!

Q: Are there things you wish to improve about your art?

A: I only wish to improve my editing techniques and to buy more lenses. I’ve been doing more portraits lately so I’d like to improve in that too.

Q: What is your favorite thing to photograph?

A: My favorite thing to photograph is nature; I love that I can change the exposure of the sun when I photograph it, therefore I can control the tone of the picture and whether I want it bright or dim.

Q: How did you get involved with photography?

A: I got involved in photography mainly by myself. I always know what I want, so I go out and get it. Photography was one thing I knew I would like so I really just followed my heart.

Q: Are you interested in other art besides photography?

A: Another art that I am passionate about is music. I am involved in choir and that is truly one thing that I love to do and look forward to doing for the rest of my life; so not only is art just drawing or photography, but the physical arts such as music and singing are just as important to me.

Q: How would you name your style of photography?

A: I would name my style of photos as free-spirited and adventurous. Most of my photos exemplify my light heart and open-mindedness, which is something that I have worked hard to be.