Hollywood highlights of 2019

Toy Story 4 is set to release in June 2019

Pixar [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons

Divya Vashisht, Opinion Editor

2018 has almost come to an end, and the year was full of exciting new movies, albums, and concerts. However, Hollywood has much more for the world in 2019.

Disney is planning on releasing numerous movies this upcoming year. The company will be premiering their next addition to the Toy Story series, Toy Story 4. In this sequel, the story continues from Toy Story 3, where the toys have found new appreciation after being given by college-bound Andy to toddler Bonnie. However, they are introduced to a new toy, Forky, and soon embark on a road trip adventure alongside old and new friends.

Lilly Parker, a senior at Pleasant Valley, has been awaiting the next Toy Story movie. “I’m excited because the Toy Story movies were an iconic part of my childhood, but I’m also a little nervous because I know it’s gonna be emotional.”

Disney is also releasing the much awaited, The Lion King. This remake is bound to make millions at the box office with Beyonce starring as Nala, Donald Glover as Simba, and James Earles Jones back as Mufasa.

Aladdin is set to hit theaters next year as well. Disney is releasing this remake in May of 2019. It will feature Will Smith in the role of the magical genie, Naomi Scott as Jasmine, and Mena Massoud as Aladdin. It is a live-action adaptation of Disney’s 1992 animated film of the same name.

Aside from Disney, Marvel is set to have a great year as well with the release of the next Avengers movie. The film is yet to be named and is set to release in May of 2019. The movie’s plot has not yet been released but will star Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, and Chris Hemsworth.

PV senior Katie Oros is very excited for the next part of the Avengers. “I’m really looking forward to seeing how the story continues after watching Infinity War. I’m sure this will be a very great addition to the franchise.”

Marvel is also releasing Spiderman: Far from Home next year. In this movie, Peter Parker and his friends go to Europe for summer vacation and encounter many obstacles. Jake Gyllenhaal will be joining Tom Holland and Zendaya in this sequel to Spiderman: Homecoming.

The music industry is ready to have a great 2019 as well with albums coming from numerous artists such as Lana Del Rey, Kanye West, and Rihanna. Many artists are set to embark on world tours this upcoming year as well with Ariana Grande on her Sweetener World Tour and Maroon 5 on their Red Pills Blue Tour.

While 2018 gave us numerous memorable movies and albums, 2019 will bring many more that Pleasant Valley students should be thrilled to watch.