Top 10 gift ideas for Parents

Christopher Cumberbatch
Senior Ali Francois generously gives a chocolate gift to his friend Senior Jack Stoneking to promote the Christmas spirit.

Christmas is coming soon and the gift-giving season will be here with it. As shoppers browse the internet and meander around the aisles of our favorite retail stores, they often engage in this perpetual cycle of placing items into the cart, thinking about them, and then ultimately removing them. So, given the difficulty of selecting that “perfect” gift for parents here is a list to help guide gift shopping. These are ten affordable, thoughtful gifts in no particular order that will hopefully put smiles on the recipient parent’s faces.

1. A Disney Plus subscription: Although it may seem to be a strange gift for a parent, the subscription service is very popular with everyone. It has classic Disney movies that the whole family can watch and also new shows like the Maledorian that can keep anyone entertained. 
  2. Gift cards: Old faithful remains old faithful. It is a Christmas gift, so $5 at Target probably won’t cut it. Try and think of a parent’s favorite restaurants, stores, and salons and buy a gift card for them. Decorate the present well; presentation is also key.   
  3. Non-plastic jewelry: this is a mom present. Find a symbol that means something to you and your parents. A special ring, bracelet, necklace, or earrings can go a long way. 
  4. Theatre tickets: Parents are always talking about how much they need a break from their kids and some time alone. Give it to them! The right movie could be an awesome memory.
  5. Printed and framed family photos: almost 100 percent of the time, parents put photos around the house and give them to their children. Changing this is possible, get a great family pic that your parents may not remember and gift it to them framed its a truly unique gift.
  6. Touch Screen Gloves: with the winter months coming up touch screen gloves offer your parents a timely useful gift during the wintertime. Great for technology enthusiasts.
  7. Home Speaker: Speaking of “techy” parents, medium-sized Bluetooth speakers that they can play at the house or during barbecues or other parenting adventures and is an amazing gift.
  8. Escape room/Bowling: Going along the lines of activities a family outing iis a great gift to a parent. Creating memories and completing challenges together can strengthen the family’s bond. 
  9. Pajamas: Parents love soft pajamas that they can wear around the house in the mornings. Top tier present candidate right here.
  10. Tile: Bluetooth trackers help you find your keys, wallet, phone and everything that matters. Parents lose things all the time, almost as much as their children. Tile is a great way to keep track of the really important things so “Where are my keys” situations don’t happen. 

Most of these items can be found at local stores, but if not, all of them are on Amazon. Hopefully, this list can make Christmas the absolute best it can be.