This is SpARTa! :Q&A with Max Yonash

Maxwell Yonash is a junior who loves photography. His love for taking photos began when he took the photography class here at Pleasant Valley. He decided to take the class to fulfill a tech credit, but little did he know this would be the start of something new.

Q: When did your love for photography start?

A: When I first took the photography class here, I thought I was bad and I completely overlooked my photos until this year. I went back and looked at my photos and realized they were actually pretty good. That is when I began to love photography.

Q: What are some of the biggest challenges you face?

A: Honestly, the biggest challenge I face right now is not having a camera of my own. But in all photography, I think getting the picture at the exact moment when something happens is very difficult.

Q: Who inspires you to become a better photographer?

A: Mrs. Peters inspires me. She has always told me from day one that I was good at photography when I didn’t think I was. I always compared myself to professional photographers and my classmates. But then during photography class she told me, “Hey, you’re really good at photography.” I still don’t believe her, but she keeps pushing me to be a better person and photographer in whole.

Q: What is your favorite picture you’ve ever taken and why?

A: My favorite picture I have ever taken is probably one of my portrait with glitter on it.

Q: Why did you begin taking pictures?

A: I started taking pictures because I had to for photography class. I’m extremely happy I took the class, though, because I found the thing I love to do.

Q: Do you plan on making a career out of this?

A: I do plan on making a career out of this so I can share my passion with those around me.

Q: What advice would you give to someone who wants to get started with photography?

A: Don’t give up. You see the professional photographers and think it will never happen to you, but if you work hard and stick with it, it will happen.

Q: Why do you have a love for photography?

A: I honestly don’t really know. I just love taking pictures and capturing moments that the eye only gets to see for a little bit.

Q: What is the hardest thing you’ve ever had to overcome while taking photos?

A: The hardest thing I have had to overcome is probably people not cooperating.