5 restaurants to get breakfast at

Nathan Lokenvitz

Breakfast is often considered the most important meal of the day, and around the QC area there are plenty of great places to grab a bite in the morning. Breakfast can be a hassle to make in the morning, and these establishments all make quality food so you don’t have to. This listicle will highlight 5 good restaurants to get breakfast at, in no particular order.

1. Jimmy’s Pancake House

Jimmy’s pancake house is a family owned and operated restaurant that offers a fantastic dining experience. The menu is nearly endless with a wide variety of breakfast creations so that everyone is sure to like something. With food ranging from warm, fluffy pancakes to hearty, filling omelettes, Jimmy’s has established itself as one of the best breakfast venues around.

1. Village Inn

Village Inn being a chain restaurant simply can’t be compared to an establishment like Jimmy’s where there is only one location, but Village Inn still has some solid breakfast cuisine. Their feature breakfast combination the V.I.B allows for customers to pick and choose 4 or 5 items from a variety of categories and choices. This, along with the rest of their breakfast menu solidifies Village Inn’s spot as a quality breakfast option. 

1. Duck Creek Pancake House

Duck Creek Pancake House is a slept on breakfast restaurant located in Riverdale , Iowa. The establishment serves breakfast, brunch, and lunch with a wide selection of delectable breakfast items. The restaurant is known for its splendid pancakes that come in a variety of flavors, and is home to a full menu of comfort food.

1. Bruegger’s Bagels

Bruegger’s is a bagel shop that takes the cake for the best bagel shop in the QC area. With an incredibly wide selection of bagels featuring an impressive lineup of cream cheeses, there is sure to be a perfect bagel for everyone. The restaurant serves bagel sandwiches in addition to the traditional bagel with cream cheese, and is conveniently located on the corner of Kimberly and Middle. 

1. Granite City Brunch

If you are looking for something a bit different than the rest of the places on this list, this may or may not be it. Granite CIty serves a brunch on certain weekends and features a wide variety of choices including various hand cut meats, an omelette bar, and a custom donut station. This is a great option for important occasions on weekend mornings.