Trump and TIME

Whether you’re a Trump fan or not, one thing is for sure: Donald Trump has been named the person of the year for TIME magazine. There are many people who are against this for numerous reasons. Was naming Trump person of the year the right decision?

For Trump supporters, he is delivering change to the country. He is delivering great historic changes, not just itty bitty changes. This is a major reason as to why Trump beat Clinton in the presidential election. 2017 will be the year to fulfill his promises.

Trump complained about not being the person of the year in 2015. He finished third behind German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Bahdadi. However, after being awarded the 2016 person of the year, Trump exclaimed, “This was a tremendous honor.”

According to Amaria Kirby, “I am honestly disgusted that Trump was named the person of the year. I think the remarks he has made is enough to not make him worthy of this award. It has hurt so many people in ways that he will never understand and giving him this power just makes it easier for him to tease more people than he already has.”

The person of the year is someone who has had a great influence on people throughout the year, whether it be for better or for worse. This year, he has had an influence on almost everyone. The funny thing is, he has had a positive impact on almost half and a negative impact on the other half.

Jake Docherty explained, “I think Trump was a good person to name person of the year. Yes he has made some poor decisions and comments, but every person does. I think giving him this honor will help him to realize how much of an impact he makes on people and to start watching what he says and does in public.”
TIME has designated a special person every year since 1927, and Trump is the 89th person to be given this title. Many political leaders, presidents, and even notorious recipients have been selected. Which of those categories does Trump fall under? Well, that’s for you to decide.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/dec/07/time-magazine-names-donald-trump-person-of-the-year-video