8 best habits to have in the new year

Photo by Jambulboy via pixabay.com
The new year is the best time to pick up new habits.

The new year creates a perfect opportunity to change up your routine and try new things. This list of the eight best habits is sure to make your 2022 great. 

Start reading 

Put down the phone and pick up a book. The new year is a great reason to reduce screen time and what better way to do that than by reading that book you’ve been meaning to start. Start with some of the best books of 2021 like “The Sentence” by Louise Erdrich or “The Lyrics” by Paul McCartney. 

Get organized

Ditch the planner and go digital. Every year, many go out and buy a planner only for it to be forgotten by February. Use online programs and apps this year to stay organized and be reminded easily. Programs like Google Calendar and Microsoft To-Do help many stay on top of their to do list. 

Get a full night’s sleep

Create a night routine that helps you unwind before bed. Getting a good night’s sleep prepares people for a productive day of work or school. 

Be active

Get outside and go for a walk or do some yoga in your room. Whatever it is, any type of movement provides stress relief and helps regulate emotions. 

Compliment more 

It pays off to be kind – if you like someone’s shirt, say it! Being kind to others not only improves someone else’s mood, but it also improves yours. 

Drink more water

Stay hydrated this year and invest in a good water bottle. Drinking more than eight glasses of water per day can improve your health and wellness. 

Practice mindfulness

Taking time out of your day to prioritize your emotions can relieve stress and anxiety. Do this by practicing yoga, mediation and gratitude. Many enjoy keeping a journal of their thoughts and ideas to help them be mindful. 

Talk about your day

Start sharing the highs and lows of your day. It doesn’t have to be big, just something good and something not so great. This is a great way to reflect and converse with friends. 

Make 2022 your year by practicing these habits for a healthier and happier lifestyle.