Top 5 Dwayne Johnson movies

Nikhil Behere
America’s actor, Dwayne Johnson is commonly referred by his nickname, “The Rock”.

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is widely considered as one of the best actors in his generation. Starring in a huge number of successful movies, this list attempts to rank them.

Jumanji

Jumanji is a movie directed by Jake Kasdan and stars Dwayne Johnson alongside Kevin Hart, Karen Gillian and Jack Black. The movie is a remake of the 1995 Jumanji and does not disappoint. This comedy-action movie portrays whimsical dialogue exchanged between Hart and Johnson while also staying true to the original masterpiece from 1995. 

Baywatch

Baywatch is a movie directed by Seth Gordon and stars Dwayne Johnson as Mitch Buccanon. The movie also is a remake of the 1989 television series and also doesn’t disappoint. The movie, rated R, is similarly a comedy-action movie. In the movie, the lifeguards of Baywatch must take down a drug lord to save their beach. Alongside Johnson, the movie stars Priyanka Chopra, Alexandra Daddario, Zac Efron, and more. 

Moana

For a classic Disney movie starring the one and only Dwayne Johnson, look no further than Moana. Moana is directed by John Musker and stars Johnson as the mythical demigod Maui. Alongside Maui’s help, the main character Moana must sail across the sea to see a demon and restore the heart of Te Fiti. Moana is an animated comedy-action, so viewers can bring their kids or siblings to watch. 

Black Adam

Black Adam stars Johnson as Black Adam and is the only non-comedic movie on this list. Black Adam is directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and is about the mythical superhuman Black Adam who gets freed from his earthly tomb, ready to unleash a unique form of justice on the modern world. Black Adam is part of the DC universe, so viewers can expect to see more of him in the future. 

Central Intelligence

In Central Intelligence, directed by Rawson Marshall Thurber, Johnson stars as Bob Stone, a CIA agent who recruits his former classmate Calvin Joyner to prevent espionage. This movie was chosen as number 1 due to the enticing comedy and action that many viewers find engaging. The movie is rated PG-13 and viewers can watch with their friends or parents.