Shining Under the Lights: 6 Inspired Looks of Homecoming

Tommy Glennon
These ten dazzled dancers at ABC Gym on Homecoming night.

Homecoming 2022 felt like a resurgence in every sense of the word. Students shone “Under the Lights” with extravagant and practical looks.The night saw students dressed for success, and this list intends to highlight just a handful of the dazzling outfits of the first dance of the year..

Amory Brown/Tommy Jefferies

Amory Brown

An evergreen couple, senior Homecoming court member Amory Brown and senior Tommy Jefferies inspired Mother Nature herself with this grounded look. Amory wore a silky sage dress, coupled perfectly with her milky-white and emerald-green corsage. Tommy’s forest-green tie on top of a pitch-black suit served as the midnight to Amory’s daylight.

Ava Burmahl/Cody Connors

Ava Burmahl

Senior Ava Burmahl stormed Homecoming with this noir dress. The see-through sleeves and back teased a hint of scandal while her crimson rose corsage accented her achromatic brilliance. Alumni Cody Connors wore a matching black suit, completing the night’s dark look and displaying this couple’s gothic inspiration.

Leah Mendelin/Zack Guest

Leah Mendelin

Stepping straight out of The Great Gatsby, senior Homecoming court member Leah Mendelin turned back the clocks with this old-money-inspired dress. The pattern is reminiscent of the glamor of the early-20th century, while the detailing reminds the attendants of Homecoming that she is, in fact, the main character. Her date, junior Zack Guest, wore a white dress shirt and black dress pants, adorning his outfit with a luminous pale pink vest and tie. Their timeless outfits were suitable for such a timeless duo.

Estelle Trieber/Connor Schutte

Estelle Trieber

Sophomore Homecoming attendant Estelle Trieber blossomed in this gorgeous floral dress. Featuring red and pink accents, Estelle was eternally graceful on the dance floor. The intricate details in every flower kept all eyes on her as she danced the night away. Junior Connor Schutte paired perfectly with her, wearing an eye-catching tie of a similar design. Backed by a baby pink dress shirt, Connor demonstrated that he understood the assignment.

Grace Brand

Grace Brand

Sophomore Grace Brand set the world on fire Sunday night with this extraordinary dress. The jet black top accentuated the asymmetrical shoulder cut, and the white accents from her nails and necklace demonstrated the duality of life itself. Their skirt, though, was the main attraction of the look. “For my dress, my friends and I decided to go as elements. I chose to go as the element of fire,” Brand described. The inferno climbing from the bottom of their skirt alluded to how she burned bright wherever they walked. “I felt inspired by Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.” This star truly set Homecoming ablaze with their showstopping look.

Grace Rannfeldt

Grace Rannfeldt

Freshman Grace Rannfeldt set the bar high for her first Homecoming. Her silver hoop earrings accented her pale lace dress, emphasizing the historic look. The intricate lacing made her appear royal on the dance floor, and her layered skirt gave a brilliant depth to her outfit. She reflected with fondness on her first formal dance. “My first homecoming was definitely an experience to remember. I danced with my friends, which was really fun,” Rannefeldt described.

The outfits and looks seen under the lights of ABC gym were well-inspired. However,with the intelligent style of the Pleasant Valley High School students,, the rest of the world could be inspired by them.