Top 9 Spring Break Essentials: Beach Edition

Sarah Abdullah

As March is quickly approaching, many are anticipating the warm weather amongst the bitter cold days. If only there was a way to get that warm sun sooner? Spring Break is the perfect time to pack up and hit the beach. Here are some of the top 9 trending essentials for your upcoming beach trip, with some dupes so you don’t have to break the bank! 

1. Sunglasses: Ray Bans vs the Dupe                                                                                                                                           The days of laying out in the sun are near and sunglasses are a must have. Brand names are great, but Amazon has some great dupes to get the look you want at a much lower price.
  2. Sunscreen                                                                                                                                                                                      The warmth of the sun may be great, but to prevent getting a burn make sure you apply sunscreen throughout the day. Many leave a residue or unwanted scent, but the Supergoop brand is thin and has little to no fragrance. After a few days in the sun you may suffer from a burn so protecting your skin will prevent  the pain and keep your skin from peeling.
  3. Beach Bag                                                                                                                                                                                    With all these items being beach essentials, finding a bag to fit your style is a must-have. Canvas totes have resprung into popularity and there are so many options to fit your needs.
  4. Lip products                                                                                                                                                                                   Lip products are a popular beauty trend, but they can also serve as protection against the baking sun. If you are just going for the look, the Dior lip oil, or the even dupe, would be  a great option. They come in various colors to match your natural lip color. If you plan to be out in the sun all day, you may want some UV protection. Who wants burnt lips? The Sun Bum lip balm, made with all natural ingredients, is a suitable option and will offer you moisture throughout the day.
  5. Claw Clip                                                                                                                                                                                    When in the heat you may want some accessories to keep your hair up, whether you are doing outdoor activities, in the pool or just lounging at the beach. Claw clips are an easy option to get wet or dry hair out of the way.
  6. Beach blanket                                                                                                                                                                            There are so many options for towels to use at the beach and pool, but having a large beach blanket that also works as a towel is very convenient. These are perfect for laying out, having a picnic or drying off. The size of the blanket allows you and your friends to have space on the beach and avoid a sandy mess.
  7. Sandals                                                                                                                                                                                    Though flip flops can be great if you don’t want to ruin nice shoes on the beach, these cloud slides are a comfortable and trendy option. Cushionaire has several options of styles and colors to choose from. These water-friendly shoes will keep you comfortable all day.
  8. Tumbler                                                                                                                                                                                      From Yeti cups to Hydroflasks, the trends of water bottles are constantly changing. Stanley cups have become the new “it” water bottle and people are selling out the product everywhere. If you can score a Stanley, be sure to bring it on your next vacation. Many rave about the convenience of the handle, the long lasting insulation, and of course the featured colors. The popularity has caused these cups, in its most desired colors, to sell for an exponentially higher price than originally. Some perfect colors for spring break are citron, azalea, bay, and grapefruit.
  9. Camera                                                                                                                                                                                  Whether you opt for your phone or a disposable camera, having a camera ready is a great way to capture memories. Getting a waterproof phone case will allow you the security to bring your phone with you no matter what the adventure entails.