Top 5 Korean Sunscreens

This+pictured+sunscreen+along+with+other+various+Korean+sun+creams+are+highly+recommended+to+wear+on+sunny+days.+
Cheyenne Meeks
This pictured sunscreen along with other various Korean sun creams are highly recommended to wear on sunny days.

Sun protection is an absolute must during the hotter seasons as harmful UV rays from the sun can severely damage the skin barrier. South Korea has become an expert in the beauty industry, as their highly innovative and efficient products have come to the forefront of skincare worldwide. Sunscreen usage pervades South Korean society and has become popularized among other countries because Korean formulas refrain from using thick, greasy ingredients. Korean sun creams tend to be lighter in consistency and don’t leave a white cast, making them more suitable for a wide range of skin types. So as the weather gets warmer and the sun starts peaking through the cloudy sky, consider using these five Korean sunscreen products for the spring and summer.

Thank You Farmer Sun Project Water Sun Cream

This sunscreen is great for those with dry, oily and sensitive skin. Packed with bamboo extract, aloe vera, African walnut oil and hollyhock root, this product contains numerous anti-inflammatory ingredients and hydrates the skin. On top of the soothing effect, it has a smooth consistency without feeling sticky and leaving a white cast.

Etude House Sunprise Sun Milk

This mineral-based sunscreen is an SPF-50 fortified UV milk that many customers found pleasant to use. The product contains more than 20 plant-based ingredients, including aloe vera, barbados cherry and sunflower seed oil, to reduce irritation and give a glowy look. The sunscreen is only $11.76 on the Etude House website and makes a great addition to one’s morning skincare routine.

Dr. Jart+ Every Sun Day Sun Fluid

The Dr. Jart+ brand is one that many K-beauty lovers and skincare enthusiasts are familiar with, as their products all have one primary purpose: good skin health. All of its products are about replenishing the key components of the skin, much like this sunscreen that has a cooling sensation and uses Vitamin E to help the skin retain its moisture. The sunscreen is formulated without sulfates, SLS or SLES, which can cause irritation and breakouts, and, unlike these other sunscreens, has a matte finish.

COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream

This culty skincare brand is coveted by people around the world and their Aloe Soothing Sun Cream happens to be one of the most popular sunscreens on Amazon with 5,000+ five-star reviews to date. This soothing formula is so lightweight that it feels like a moisturizer. It wears well under makeup, has no white cast, doesn’t feel greasy and absorbs fast, perfect for daily use. The ample dose of aloe vera soothes irritations and evens out complexions.

Round LAB Birch Juice Moisturizing Sunscreen

Currently the most popular sunscreen in South Korea, this product contains all the benefits of Silver Birch Tree Sap, emanating the cool energy of a refreshing breeze. The formula uses hyaluronic acid and sodium hyaluronate to increase the moisturizing power of the skin and keep the skin healthy. The product can be found in any skincare store in South Korea, but it is also available on Amazon, Walmart, and other K-beauty websites.