Top 5 Places to take Homecoming 📸

Cassi Paustian

As Homecoming is right around the corner there is always controversy about where groups should take pictures. Sometimes, it even rains, changing everyone’s plan five minutes before. Homecoming can be stressful, so here are the top places to take pictures for you and your friends this year!

1. Crow Valley Golf Course

A group of seniors at Crow Valley Country Club for prom pictures in May of 2023. (Brooke Schrauben)

Crow Valley Golf Course has many locations for you and your friends/dates. The golf course is a beautiful background to elevate your pictures, but also keep them simple. The course also has a lake, beautiful flowers and greenery, and modern brick to take pictures in front of! 

2. Davenport Country Club (DCC)

Ellie Samec and David Gorsline in a Homecoming picture from September 2022 at Davenport Country Club (Ellie Samec)

Davenport Country Club is a very common place to take pictures, as well! Although it is open to only members this coming year, it has some secret spots such as the iconic clock tower. Also, the steps up to the clubhouse are decorated with beautiful flowers and shrubs! The stairs are great for group pictures, allowing many people to fit in one picture!

3. Trinity Hospital 

Cassi Paustian and Ike Swanson behind Trinity Hospital for prom in May.
(Cassi Paustian)

A less commonly known place to take pictures is the garden behind Trinity Hospital. Although some people have found it, it’s not super busy! Here, there is a mini waterfall and pond. The hospital does a great job maintaining the area and making it look very professional. There are little paths and rocks to sit on with your date! Overall, this hidden location is amazing for beautiful outdoor pictures!

4. Vanderveer Park

Lauren Kathan and Skylar Tewkesbury at Vanderveer Park in Davenport, Iowa. (Skylar Tewkesbury)

Vanderveer Park is commonly known for the fountain and beautiful pathways surrounded by trees. The park also offers a bridge to take pictures on! Many group and couple pictures are taken here! This is a classic location that is both beautiful and simple!

5. Downtown Bettendorf By the River

Tyler and KC Nels alongside with family in downtown Bettendorf for Homecoming pictures near the river. (Tyler Nels)

If you are looking for a place where you can get pictures with others in the background, check down by the river! The Mississippi River runs along downtown Bettendorf and Davenport and has many beautiful locations! Whether its grass land, modern architecture, or the bridges, you always can find a good view!