Haunted House Roundup

Spooktober is upon us! Here are some of the scariest places in our neck of the woods.
Ariana Assadi

This month marks the spooky season which means now is the time to get your scare on! Whether you want to drive 5 miles or 20, the Quad Cities offers many petrifying options for haunted experiences full of graveyards, actors in face paint, and yup, clowns. Here are some of the top places to spend your weekends during spooktober.

1. Terror at Skellington Manor

Terror at Skellington Manor is located in Rock Island, Ill. Although it’s usually filled with long lines, this haunted experience is worth the wait. Littered with different scenes and rooms with a plethora of actors, there is no shortage of scare. Be careful when you exit, as there is always something waiting for you when you think it’s over! Tickets are available for general admission and timed entry. Terror at Skellington Manor is open 7 p.m. to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and open 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sundays.

2. Factory of Fear

Factory of Fear is located in Moline, Ill. Now featuring two different haunts, Factory of Fear has always been a crowd favorite of the Quad Cities (QC). There are multiple different levels and rooms covered in scenery. Make sure to hold your friends close as you get spooked from all directions. You are able to purchase tickets in advance. Factory of Fear is open 7 p.m. to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays and open 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Sundays and Halloween.

3. The Shock House

The Shock House is located in Rock Island, Ill. Arguably the best dark haunted attraction, the Shock House’s passageways are meant to mess with your senses. The lights and sounds work together to strike fear into your head and heart. Don’t let the actors know you are the petrified one – they will target you. Expect to be followed out the door if your group shows vulnerability. There are general and VIP admission tickets available online and onsite. The Shock House is open 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and open 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. on the last three Sundays of October.

4. QC Haunted Forest

QC Haunted Forest is located in Port Byron, Ill. The adventure starts off with a spooky hayride that drops you off at the Haunted Forest. Inside the forest, your group will traverse through different sets and terrain, so make sure you wear appropriate footwear. Watch your back as well as actors will trail your group from the shadows. It is recommended that you buy tickets online, but they are also available at the entrance. QC Haunted Forest is open 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.