How to safely bulk and cut

Johnny Ziegelbein
Eggs are always a good option when bulking and cutting, as they are great source of protein.

If you are interested in fitness or know anyone who is interested in fitness, you have probably heard the terms “bulking” and “cutting.”  Bulking and cutting are extremely popular techniques used by those trying to build muscle or lose fat. However, many don’t understand the science behind bulking and cutting, and many endanger themselves in the process of bulking and cutting.

The basis of bulking and cutting is about calories consumed and calories burned. If you consume more calories than you burn, you will gain weight. If you burn more calories than you consume, you will lose weight. Those who are bulking want to gain weight (primarily muscle), and those who are cutting want to lose weight (primarily body fat).

The first place to start when wanting to bulk or cut is to calculate your maintenance calories, or the calories that you need in a day to maintain your current weight. To find your maintenance calories, use a maintenance calorie calculator such as Calculator.net, which not only shows your maintenance calories, but also gives guidelines for caloric intake while bulking and cutting.

If you are bulking, you should try to consume more calories than your maintenance calories. During this process, it is important to still make an effort to eat healthy. Many people who bulk eat very dirty, which can cause future health problems or cause them to gain more weight than intended. Additionally, if you are bulking, you should target foods that are high in protein.

If you are cutting, you should consume less calories than your maintenance calories. There are two ways to go about cutting. The first way is to simply consume less calories without changing the volume of exercise that you get. However, you could also eat the same and exercise much more. The easiest way to go about cutting is by combining both methods: eating less and exercising more.

Cutting can be dangerous when taken too far. It’s unhealthy to starve yourself, and you need to make sure that you are getting the nutrients you need. Additionally, it can be unhealthy and dangerous to be at an extremely low body fat.

Bulking and cutting can be harmful when taken too far, but when used properly, both are highly effective techniques that can significantly change your health and physique.