Past and arising viruses: pandemic preparedness

Timothy Ku
Ever since Covid people are the nation have been more involved in emergency preparedness. This includes the procurement of items such as hand sanitizer and masks.

Starting in 2019, the world was plagued by the Covid virus. Ever since the recent pandemic, people across the world have started preparing for future occurrences similar to the pandemic.

Ever since COVID-19, the emphasis on emergency preparedness and the medical field has increased. People across the world have been encouraged to indulge in pieces of medical equipment that protect others and themselves.

Some examples of items being procured by communities are toilet paper, hand sanitizer, pieces of medical equipment, medical-grade masks and items that can be labeled under the personal protective equipment (PPE) category.

Students and families across communities have increased their physical preparedness by maintaining a stock of medical supplies. This allows for families to maintain preparedness while also allowing for peace of mind during tough times.

Students like Wenjun Pan emphasize the importance of stocking up on medical supplies. “Keeping things like masks and hand sanitizer is super important when we want to stay safe,” stated Pan.

The maintenance of physical items is super important, but people across the nation have also emphasized the importance of keeping prepared mentally.

Pan also emphasized the importance of emergency preparedness and keeping vigilant when times get tough. “It’s super important to stay prepared physically and mentally.” said Pan 

With past events, new events always rise. Across China, a new respiratory illness that contains symptoms similar to COVID-19 and pneumonia arose. However, with the advances in emergency preparedness and the medical field, many feel more safe when encountering pandemics.

Many across the globe feel more at peace and more prepared due to past events.

Students like Michael Bender feel safer and firmly believe in his preparedness for upcoming events. “Even though this new variant has caused a scare, I think that we are now more prepared than ever.” said Bender.

Many within the medical field have written and firmly believe that this virus can be contained and regulated very easily. Sources say that emergency medical professionals are always on standby with medication and contingencies to squash viruses.

With recent and past pandemic scares, communities across the globe are prepared to combat viruses with proper contingencies such as stocking up on medical items, taking vaccines and keeping a vigilant mind. 

With emergency and medical mindfulness at an all time high, society is ready to face and combat future pandemics and contingencies

$580
$1000