Top 7 3D printers

The Ender 3 V3 SE has quite a few convenient features, like auto bed leveling and a very fast print speed.
Creality

3D printing has become a common hobby among STEM professionals and students alike. If you’re interested in getting started, here are my top seven 3D printer picks for 2024.

1. Old Reliable: Creality Ender 3

Price: $189.00

The Ender 3 is one of the most popular 3D printers. It’s sold over 800,000 units and is one of the best bang-for-the-buck 3D printers on the market right now. It can make a lot of good sized prints at decent quality. This printer also has many community supported mods that can further improve printer speed, quality and even support things like remote 3D printing. If customization is your top priority, you can’t beat the support of this printer.

Buy on CREALITY

2. The Newcomer: Creality Ender 3 V3 SE:

Price: $189.00

If you’re new to 3D printing and just want a printer that works out of the box, the Ender 3 V3 SE provides the best value in 3D printing today. Where the Ender 3 can only print at 10 cm/s, the newer V3 SE can print at 25 cm/s. It also offers a sleeker look and has quality of life features like auto bed leveling, meaning you get great print quality right out of the box.

Buy on CREALITY

3. The Mass Producer: Creality CR-30:

Price: $949.00

If you want to make some money, this 3D printer can print an unlimited number of objects due to its unique conveyor belt design. Many people print and sell 3D printed objects (such as pots for plants) through online marketplaces like Etsy and Ebay. While you can use any 3D printer for this, the CR-30’s unlimited print direction allows you to print hundreds of objects with a single button.

Buy on CREALITY

4. The Big Boy: Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus

Price: $479.00

If print volume is the most important to you, the Ender 3 S1 plus has a bed volume of 30 by 30 by 30 centimeters, around 80% larger than the other Ender 3’s. This larger volume allows for larger or more prints on the same print bed. If you want to make 3D printed masks or larger projects, spring for an S1 plus.

Buy on CREALITY

5. The Resin Printer: ANYCUBIC 4K +

Price: $339.99

Resin printers offer extremely high quality prints over the previous filament printers, and are very fast. Though there aren’t many on the market right now and there are some health hazards associated with it, this printer has proven to be a great printer for users looking for bleeding edge tech.

Buy on AMAZON

6. The Fire Hazard: Mini Desk 3D printer

Price: $99.99

If you’re looking for the cheapest possible 3D printer, this might be the one for you. With a build space of 10 by 10 by 10 cm, this printer can barely print a 3D benchy (a common 3D printer benchmarking print). While it may not have spectacular speed or build quality, this is a decent sub-entry level printer that may even make a few cool prints before breaking.

Buy on AMAZON

7. The Giant: ELEGOO OrangeStorm Giga

Price: $1,499.99

With a print speed of over 30 cm/s and a massive print area of 80x80x100 cm, this printer allows for consumers to have access to professional grade print quality and size. The printer is great for making car parts, PC cases, home decor, furniture, and more. If you’re making an exceptionally large project, this is the printer for you.

Buy on KICKSTARTER (Just a pre-order, but the company has an amazing track record for product quality)