Top 5 NFL Stadiums

An aerial view of the Chicago Bear’s Soldier field. (Luke Eckman)

Football is the most popular sport in America, and the National Football League is the biggest league. Accordingly, the stadiums used by NFL teams are some of the biggest, grandest and most technologically advanced buildings in the world. This article will cover the five most impressive NFL stadiums:

1. US Bank Stadium

Located in Minneapolis, MN, US Bank Stadium is home to the Minnesota Vikings. The indoor stadium is one of the newest in the NFL, constructed in 2014 after the collapse of the old Vikings stadium due to snow. One of the greatest features of US Bank Stadium is the glass wall that faces downtown Minneapolis.

2. So-Fi Stadium

So-Fi Stadium is home to the Los Angeles Rams NFL team. The stadium is the newest in the league, constructed in 2020. It is also home to two teams: the Rams and the Chargers. So-Fi Stadium is unique for being an indoor-outdoor stadium. It has a glass roof yet is not sealed from the outside or air conditioned.

3. GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium

Home to the Kansas City Chiefs, GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium is known for being the loudest stadium in the NFL. With a Guinness World Record for the loudest stadium at a peak volume of 142.2 decibels, a Chiefs game is a special experience. The Chiefs’ stadium has a capacity of 76,000 spectators, the fourth largest in the NFL. Arrowhead Stadium is also the only open stadium on this list.

4. Lucas Oil Stadium

The Indianapolis Colts’ home stadium is Lucas Oil Stadium. This stadium is indoors and is used as a multi-purpose venue for Indianapolis. The stadium can hold up to 63,000 spectators. Like the US Bank Stadium, Lucas Oil Stadium has a large glass wall that faces the downtown area providing stunning views.

5. Mercedes-Benz Stadium

In Atlanta, GA, Mercedes-Benz Stadium is the NFL stadium for the Falcons. Constructed in 2017, Mercedes-Benz stadium is one of the newer stadiums in the NFL although not as new as So-Fi and Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas. Mercedes-Benz stadium features a retractable top, and it is easily recognizable by its jagged, round shape.