The glam night or the oscars?

The 2017 Oscars hosted by Jimmy Kimmel was filled with comedy, surprises and glam. According to many, Kimmel slayed the hosting position with much entertainment and saved two huge mix ups.

McClain Acri, senior, said, “I honestly only watched the Oscars because Jimmy Kimmel was hosting and I knew it would be comical. I watch his night show and I knew he’d do a great job compared to what other hosts have been in the past.”

The night started off with a dazzling performance by Justin Timberlake performing, I Can’t Stop the Feeling. Then proceeded with many awards given to extraordinary actors, actresses and many film debuts. Some were expected and some were surprise winners. Emma Stone and Casey Affleck took home the best actress and actor, while the best motion picture was Moonlight.

However, there was a huge mix up that some say will surely be long remembered. When best motion picture was announced, there was a mistake with the envelope delivered to the announcer. It was announced that La La Land directed by Damien Chazelle was the winner when in reality it was Moonlight, directed by Barry Jenkins. The mistake was recovered in comical Jimmy Kimmel fashion. The host said, “I blame Steve Harvey.”

Junior, Keyshawn Baker said, “You would think there wouldn’t be any mistakes on a big night like the Oscars that is well prepared, but I guess you can’t really relate unless you have been in the position of organizing such an event and on that big of a stage.”

Although Damien Chazelle and La La Land didn’t win best motion picture, La La Land won best original music score, best production design, best cinematography and Damien Chazelle won best director.

Other popular movies that won awards were Hacksaw Ridge, Suicide Squad, and Manchester by the Sea. Hacksaw Ridge won best film editing and best sound mixing. Suicide Squad won best makeup and Manchester by Sea won best original screenplay.

A big part of the Oscars that is majorly commented on is the attire and glamorous dresses. Emma Stone, Penelope Cruz and Halle Berry were on the comprehensive list of best dressed. There seemed to be a theme of gold and metallic shades for the most popular looks.