Best what? Prom winners

Every year, Pleasant Valley upperclassmen make hair, nails, and makeup appointments and buy expensive dresses or tuxes. But for what? Prom of course. Prom is the biggest dance of the year, as a last “hoorah” for seniors and a way for students to have a great night together. Every year, awards are voted on and given to students at prom. These awards include best dressed, best dance moves, cutest couple, and the prom king and queen.

This year, the best dressed male award went to senior, Zack Pilger. Pilger was wearing a United States of America themed tux, with even his bow tie being the american flag themed. “I would like to say thanks to my mom for buying me the tux, and all the great patriots who voted for me. God bless the USA.” Teleah Thomas, also a senior, won the female best dressed award.

Vincent Gnad, senior, was the winner of the best dance moves category at Prom. Vincent was very excited about the award, and continued proving himself on the dance floor throughout the night.

The award for cutest couple went to senior, Marie DeLessio, and senior, Jarrin Flores. DeLessio is captain of the Platinum dance team, captain of the Stars special needs dance team, and an honors student. While Flores is the president of the Pleasant Valley student council and editor-in-chief of the Pleasant Valley Spartan Shield. They are quite a power couple.

The winners of the 2017 prom king and queen were Seth Moffit and Sally Walker. Both of the winners were overwhelmed with joy. “I couldn’t be happier,” said Moffit.