This is spARTa! Q&A with Keshav Wagle

Keshav Wagle is a senior and is involved in multiple extracurriculars. He’s the Vice President of Math Team. He plays multiple instruments and is a two-year all-stater. He also does lighting for theater.

When did you start playing instruments?

The first instrument I started playing was Violin at age 3. I started playing Piano at age 6 and Oboe when I joined 6th grade band.

What’s exciting about instrumental music and why do you do it?

I like instrumental music because it helps me express myself through a medium that everyone understands. It’s a universal language and no matter where you live or where you’re from, you can covey your ideas.

What artist inspired you?

From an instrumental perspective, John Mack influences me the most since I try to emulate his sound. From a musicianship perspective, my youth symphony conductor Dr. Ben Klemme greatly inspired me. He resembles what a true artist and true musician should be and is the most musically intelligent person I know.

What have you learned from Rishi?

Rishi is the inspiration for the way I play piano. He has inspired me more in theater. He has taught me everything I know about lighting design and expression on stage through technical aspects. He taught me that lighting is more artistic than technical. He’s the reason when I see shows, I understand what the lighting is intended to convey.