Lost Earth Society is found

Steve Buissinne via Pixabay
Steve Buissinne via Pixabay

This week’s artist spotlight is on Dermot Weldon who has a very strong passion for music. Weldon is involved in a band with four other people from PV. This band is called The Lost Earth Society. They have made their own genre of music, a mix of righteous and mellow rock.

Weldon sings in the band and plays as the lead guitarist. His most popular song, “Spaceman”, is a story about a man going to the moon. This metaphoric song explains how a man wanted a better life and believed he had a better chance of finding one on the moon, instead of staying on Earth.

His second song is more complex and has yet to receive a name. This song brings to life how knowledge can sometimes be heavy. He believes that being over packed with meaningless information, can weigh a person down.

The band has a few other songs in the works. The Lost Earth Society meets in secret locations to practice and perform their songs. The songs are unavailable to the public yet, but anyone can listen if they contact him. All of the songs bring forth peaceful and chill vibes. His dream is for this band to continue to grow and eventually play for the community.

Weldon said, “Music is important to me because it allows people to hear the hard stuff they usually tend to ignore. People are more likely to listen and accept the truth if it is told in a song.”

He got into music from his dad who was in an Irish band with his brothers called Up She Rises.

One of Weldon’s favorite artists is Ozzy Osbourne. Osbourne appears on the Rolling Stones “Greatest Metal Albums” more than any other singer. Osbourne is an English singer who rose to fame in the 1970s as the lead vocalist for the metal band, Black Sabbath. In Osborne’s final interview as a member of the band, he told BBC News, “One of the proudest things I have in my art is that Black Sabbath wasn’t a band that was created by some big hot shot guy. This band was four guys who said let’s have a go. We had a dream and it came true beyond our wildest expectations.” Osborne helped inspire Weldon’s band.

Weldon’s favorite album, “Blizzard of Oz”, is a debut solo album that Osbourne released when his band fell apart. This album inspired new generations of rock bands and was ranked 9th on Rolling Stones list of “100 Greatest Metal Albums Of All Time.” Much of this album was written by guitarist, Randy Rhoads, who happens to be Weldon’s favorite guitarist. Weldon said, “The best guitarist to ever walk this earth is Randy Rhoads.”

Weldon appreciates unique styles of music and is down to listen to anything original, just like his up and coming band. He is a very talented musician and is able to recognize and appreciate other skilled artists. Music is a big part of his life and it always will be.