I love you, daddy

By David Shankbone [CC BY 3.0  (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons
By David Shankbone [CC BY 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], from Wikimedia Commons

Famous comedian and actor Louis C.K. released the first trailer of his new film “I Love You, Daddy” on October 18th, 2017. C.K. directs and stars in this controversial film that is centered on exposing the ongoing inappropriate behavior happening in Hollywood.

“I Love You, Daddy” is shot entirely in black and white and mimics the styles of director Woody Allen. Director of “Manhattan” and “Annie Hall”, Allen has had a profitable career in the movie business. “I Love You, Daddy” is about a television writer from Manhattan (played by C.K.) and his 17-year-old daughter (Chloë Grace Moretz) trying to build a relationship.

Allen has a dark past of sexual allegations from people in his own family to actresses he has directed. Allen was accused of sexually assaulting his first wife, Harlene Rosen. Allen married 17 year-old old Rosen when he was twenty. Currently, Allen is married to Soon-Yi Previn, a woman thirty seven years younger than him. To make things even weirder, he’s been married to Soon-Yi Previn for nineteen years. Previn was adopted by Mia Farrow from an orphanage in Korea. Farrow and Allen were partners when Previn was adopted, meaning he served as a father figure for her for many years. Farrow and Allen were still together when she found out about the relationship between Allen and Previn. Allen’s most well known accusations are from his step daughter, Dylan Farrow, who has claimed of being abused by Allen as a child.

Stars that continue to act in Allen’s films have recently gone under fire. Famous actress, Kate Winslet, denounced Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein after dozens of women spoke out against him, but refused to comment on Allen’s allegations in an interview with Variety magazine. Selena Gomez has also received criticism from fans for acting in Allen’s latest film.

C.K. is known for his stand up comedy shows and appearances on “Saturday Night Live” and in “American Hustle.” C.K. also is the mastermind behind the FX show “Louie”, which he starred in and created. He has a unique comedic style that connects with all types of people around the world which has made him thrive in the industry.

Louis C.K. has been rumored to have a past of sexual misconduct himself. When questioned by the New York Times,  C.K. responded, “They’re rumors, that’s all that is.”

The film is scheduled to be released November 17, 2017. “I Love You, Daddy” will certainly stir up controversy, but with all of the misconduct in Hollywood at the moment, it is a topic that is needed to be talked about.