Drowsy Chaperone takes the stage

In the first week of November, the PV Spartan Drama department put on three productions of the musical, The Drowsy Chaperone. The musical is brought to life by an old man, Man in Chair, as he takes the audience through the soundtrack of his favorite musical. As the recording begins to play, the characters appear in the man’s apartment and act out scenes. Junior Spencer Clark starred in the musical as the Man in Chair, while senior Avery Luepker and sophomore Anna Myatt grabbed the other two leading roles. Cami Hunter said “Drowsy Chaperone was very entertaining and always kept me laughing. I was especially impressed with the amount of dancing that was in the show.”

The audience weren’t the only people who enjoyed the dance numbers. Luepker commented “The dancing was a fun aspect for me because I’d never danced like that before. The tap routine was really intense and took a long time to get in sync. It was so rewarding to hear that applause after we finished the number.” Preparation for the musical was a lot of behind the scenes work. Luepker stated, “A lot of time was put into the show: memorizing lines, choreography and songs, and adjusting lights on set.”

About the overall success of the show, Luepker stated “I think the reason the musical was so successful was because everyone was all in. Our directors were there to guide us along the way the whole time and we have so much talent available to us that there was no bad role. It was fun to get to perform with an all star cast.”

Congratulations to the cast and crew that were able to make this show a success.

$480
$1000