YOU can be the change

Be the Change is being brought back to life this year as Dr. Lundberg and 5 juniors, Lily Williams, Danielle Nauman, Libby Staver, Christy Bishop and Azariah Courtney hope to make a change in our community. This club was already approved by the school board a couple years ago by some other students but no one was running it. They thought the club had a great amount of potential so that’s why they decided to start it up again.

The goal of Be the Change is to help students get involved with the community and help those in need. Nauman mentions, “The significance of Be the Change is that all of us have potential to do good and to help others in our community who are less fortunate. However, nothing will ever change if no one steps up and makes it happen.” For good things to happen people have to get involved with their community and be active members. Sitting back and watching will not change anything. If students get involved with Be the Change, they will learn about all the ways they can get involved and help change our community for the better.

Williams also says, “This involvement will not only motivate students to continue being helpful locally but it shows Pleasant Valley students involvement in the community.” Within the club, participants will go out into the community and volunteer at local events and foundation sponsored events. This club has a lot of positive benefits for not only the community but for the students themselves. Knowing that they did something to contribute to the change of our community is a huge satisfactory feeling. If students are interested, the meetings will be held in Dr. Lundbergs room (room 159) every Wednesday at 3:30pm. New members are encouraged!