The Quad Cities assembles to see the endgame of Avengers

Photo taken by Paasadani via Pixabay
Fans of Marvel await to see upcoming film “Avengers: Endgame”, after watching their favorite characters snapped away with the infinity gauntlet.

The highest anticipated film of 2019, “Avengers: Endgame,” makes its way into the Quad Cities’ theaters on April 25.

The anticipation for this film has been accumulating over the past ten years, ever since 2007 with the first Marvel film of phase 1, “Iron Man”. Since 2007, Marvel has released 21 movies, all years and films leading up to this final masterpiece of a film, which will also wrap up phase 3.

As a disclaimer, this article will contain spoilers from past Marvel films, including “Avengers: Infinity War.” Continue to read at your own caution for possible spoilers and upcoming theories for the new film, “Avengers: Endgame”.

Marvel released “Avengers: Infinity War” on April 27, 2018, which left the audience devastated as they watched their favorite characters dissipate into thin air, leaving only the original Avengers behind. Many now wonder how and if Marvel will bring those characters back, and, if so, who?

This film may be the final time the audience gets to see certain characters on the screen. As the contracts of Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. come to an end, many Marvel fans believe that certain members of the original Avengers will not survive “Avengers: Endgame”.

Sophomore Aditi Parab believes two of the main Avengers will die, “I think both Captain America and Iron Man are going to die because they’re big characters and lead the team. They’re such important characters, and they are needed to end someone that is as powerful as them,” she said.

Upcoming Marvel films include characters that disappeared due to the snap, such as Peter Parker [Spider-Man] and T’Challa [Black Panther]. Both have contracts outlining films they have to do; for example, Marvel revealed the “Spider-Man: Far From Home” trailer, so the audience can soon expect to see Peter Parker back on the screens.

Sophomore Lola Johannsen thinks a new important character will die in upcoming Marvel film. “I think Captain Marvel is going to die, I feel like she’s going to die and then be reborn. I believe she will be the sacrifice to save the universe because she is the most powerful among the Avengers,” she said.

As previously mentioned, “Avengers: Endgame” concludes phase 3. One might be wondering what phase 3 means and what the other two phases were. A phase in the Marvel Cinematic Universe means there are divided sections of individual films that build up to a finale of all heros together, as an “Avengers team-up”.

Phase 1 lasted from 2008-2012 and included the following films: “Iron Man,” “The Incredible Hulk,” “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” “Captain America: The First Avenger,” and “The Avengers.” Phase 2 lasted from 2013-2015 and included the following movies: “Iron Man 3,” “Thor: The Dark World,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” and “Ant-Man.”

Marvel is currently centered on Phase 3, which involves the following cinematic pieces: “Captain America: Civil War,” “Doctor Strange,” “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Black Panther,” “Avengers: Infinity War,” “Ant-Man and the Wasp,” “Captain Marvel,” and “Avengers: Endgame.”

Marvel’s upcoming film is the longest movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “Avengers: Endgame” has a running time of 3 hours and 2 minutes. “I feel like throughout the movie, I’m afraid to blink. I refuse to even use the restroom since it’s such a long movie,” Parab said.