My two cents you never asked for: Holiday Hoppers

You never asked for my two cents about those dang holiday hoppers, but let me tell you how I feel.

Well first, a holiday hopper is someone who jumps from Halloween straight to Christmas. Like, excuse me? What about Thanksgiving? Don’t get me wrong, I love Halloween and Christmas, but Thanksgiving is what seems like the one holiday that isn’t about being selfish. I appreciate that.

And quite honestly, I’m tired of hearing Christmas carols in the beginning of November. I am also already annoyed with the Christmas movies, and especially with the neighbors who have already put their decorations up– those basic holiday hoppers.

People forget about Thanksgiving because they think they don’t get anything out of it. But that belief is wrong. Thanksgiving provides us with the opportunity to laugh and spend with family or friends. It’s a chance to create new memories and reminisce on old ones. This holiday started as a way for people to sit down together, enjoy each other’s company, and remember what we have to be thankful for.

Skipping Thanksgiving is selfish. On Halloween, kids are greedy for candy. On Christmas, everyone is greedy for presents. Thanksgiving is the one time we get to sit back and enjoy spending time with family, without any expectations… and with a lot of good food. But beyond the food, it’s about being thankful, and taking a second to stop and be selfless for once.

What happened to the true meaning of Thanksgiving? We need to remember how this holiday came to be, especially now, in a time full of hatred. We need to look past our silly differences and be grateful for what we have in common, and the love we can share.

We should be thankful much more than once a year, but if you can’t seem to do that, at least be thankful on Thanksgiving, because we all have a lot to cherish.

$480
$1000