5 most interesting moves this NFL offseason

With the 2020-21 NFL season ending in early February, basketball has dominated the headlines and sports media since. Especially with March Madness going on right now, it can be hard to catch the latest breaking news of the NFL offseason, so here are some of the biggest trades and signings so far. 

1. All 22 Tampa Bay starters are back for this season

After winning the Super Bowl in dominant fashion this past season, Brady and the Bucs are back and ready to go for another one. Between negotiating contracts and players taking pay cuts here and there, all starters on both sides of the ball for Tampa Bay will be returning next season. This is the first time all 22 starters from a Super Bowl team will return since 1994. 

1. Matthew Stafford to the Rams

The Rams traded two first round picks, a third round pick, and Jared Goff to the Lions in exchange for quarterback Matthew Stafford. While Matthew Stafford is considered a really good quarterback by many, and that he was never given an opportunity to reach his full potential on the Lions, is he really worth that much? We will see if the move paid off for the Rams in the next couple of seasons. 

1. Kansas City signs Joe Thuney

After Mahomes took 3 sacks, eight quarterback hits, and was pressured 29 times in the pocket in the Super Bowl this past season, it is probably for the better that they signed a reliable offensive guard. It is especially important because they released two of their best offensive linemen Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz. Maybe they spent too much money on Mahomes and had to release the pair of stud O-linemen, I’m not sure, but either way the Chiefs are getting a really good player in Joe Thuney. 

1. Carson Wentz to Indianapolis

A lot of people still believe that Wentz has the ability to be a franchise quarterback, but I’m simply not buying it. The Colts traded a second and third round pick to Philadelphia for Wentz, and they seem to believe he is the new guy. Wentz will be teaming up with Colt’s head coach Frank Reich, who was Wentz’s OC during his best season in Philly (2017). The biggest thing to watch here is whether or not he can stay healthy, if he can do that there could be some potential. 

1. Will Fuller signing with Miami

Miami signed Will Fuller to a one year, $10.625 million fully guaranteed deal for this upcoming season. Fuller was having an excellent season last year before getting suspended, and ultimately cut by the Texans. The Dolphins need a deep threat opposite Davante Parker, and with Fuller they found that and much more. In addition to Fuller, the Dolphins have the third overall pick, will they add another pass-catching weapon to aid the young Tua Tagovailoa?