Ranking the zodiac signs as college roommates

Miracosic on pixabay
Co-living with someone brings out the best and worst of every sign, but some may be more ideal depending on your personality.

Every astrological sign is different, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. However, as the class of 2022 prepares to choose college roommates, some signs may be better suited to room with. Here is a list of the signs as college roommates from least desirable to most. 

1. Scorpio (October 23-November 21) 

Often petty and manipulative with a powerful desire for control, Scorpios can be bad friends. They are also very private people – don’t reside with this sign if you are looking for an emotionally committed friend. 

1. Aries (March 21-April 19)

Aries is the life of the party; they tend to be cheerful and happy, almost too much so. Additionally, they tend to not think before they speak, which can make for a thoughtless friend who doesn’t drive you to be your best. While an Aries may add to your social life, your grades may slide with an Aries by your side. 

1. Capricorn (December 21-January 20)

A Capricorn can be a strong friend as they plan for long-term relationships. They are the type to call you their best friend the day they meet you. Because of this, they tend to be irritable to life changes and can become frustrated as they approach the major life change of college.

1. Aquarius (January 21-February 18)

A rebel at heart, an Aquarius is a great advocate for world issues and will speak up for you when you may not be able to. This, however, invokes a tendency to be stubborn to those that they value; they will not change their views no matter what. 

1. Pisces (February 19-March 20)

Like their water sign counterpart, Cancer, Pisces are immensely emotional with weak will. But when they get past these internal tendencies, Pisces are great friends who will listen and understand you more than any other sign. 

1. Leo (July 23-August 22)

Similar to Aquarius, Leos tend to be stubborn. A fire sign likes Aries, they can be the life of the party as well. They are often self-assured, but because of this, they will expect the same from you – a Leo would pair greatly with a similarly sociable sign. 

1. Sagittarius (November 22-December 21)

With a highly extroverted personality, Sagittarius are loyal and compassionate. They can also be assertive and blunt; they are the type to tell you if they don’t like your outfit. 

1. Cancer (June 21-July 22)

Cancers are exceptionally sweet, devoted friends. But like Libras, they tend to be self-sacrificing when it comes to their family and friends. Because they tend to be emotionally mature, Cancers give amazing advice and will stay by your side through the hardships of college. 

1. Libra (September 23-October 22)

Libras make great friends; they are generous, sweet and friendly to all. The downside resides in this self-sacrificing nature. They may put you before themselves, but if you’re looking for a devoted friend, a Libra may be the best choice as your new roommate. 

1. Virgo (August 23-September 22)

Virgos are often clean and organized perfectionists; however, these signs also tend to be independent, similar to Scorpios. Room with this sign if you’re looking for someone to motivate you to study!

1. Taurus (April 20-May 20)

Like the other stubborn signs, a Taurus’ mind is not easily changed. However, this adds a sense of foundation in their friendships and a never-give-up mindset. 

1. Gemini (May 21-June 20)

As number one on this list, Geminis make, objectively, the best friends of all the signs. As social butterflies, they will introduce you to all their new friends as soon as they make them while also putting a strong value on your unique relationship with them.