Top shops for Prom shopping this year

As the second semester rolls around, dress shopping begins. Girls will stay local or travel far to find the perfect dress for them. Some of the challenges people face when picking out their dress are finding the right style, color, or someone else having the same dress.

Listed below are some of the most popular dress shops that you can visit to find the perfect one for you. Three of the listed stores are local, and if you’re willing to make the trip, there are three farther locations that have been a hit this year for many. 

Top three stores near me: 

1. QC Celebrate is located in Bettendorf. This store has a variety of dresses from name brands like Sherri Hill and Jovani.  They have many dresses of all sizes, colors and different patterns to fit everyone’s style. At QC Celebrate, if you purchase a dress and give them a shout out on any social media, you will be able to pick one free item from their jewelry section to go along perfectly with your dress.                                                                                                       
  2. Little Black Dress, located in Moline IL, carries many different dress options and colors to choose from. This store is a tux and prom shop all in one. If you are going with a date to the dance, then picking out a matching tie can be a hassle. Here, you are able to grab your dress and try to match with their large supply of tux options as well, guaranteeing that you and your date will look great together for your night.                                                              
  3. Dillards, located at North Park Mall in Davenport, is another hit for prom dress shopping. They are packed with a large selection of dresses, organized nicely in colors and styles making it easy to find the right dress. When Prom comes around you may not expect the prices on some of these dresses, but Dillards has many options for a reasonable price, without a retail regret. 

Top three stores taking a trip:

1. Sometimes a look somewhere else is the key to your dress. Driving up to Des Moines has been a popular choice  this year. With 34 dressing rooms, Glam Prom has been a top pick. They have great quality dresses, both name brand and not, and price values that work for everyone. Even though you may not be near, they still will take the name of your school, to ease the fear of having the same dress at your dance.                                                                     
  2. Peaches Boutique, located in Chicago, IL, is a high end store with hundreds of options. If you’re looking for more of a formal experience, this is the store for you. If you have dresses in mind, you can look at all your options on their store online to know exactly what you want before you even walk in. This boutique requires appointments, and only a limited number of try ons aloud, but with a preview of their dresses online, your trip won’t be wasted.    
  3. Dream Dress, located in Cedar Rapids, is becoming a more visited spot for people in our area. Carrying multiple designers, they have over a thousand dresses, one of the largest selections you can find. They are always restocking their shelves with the latest trends hoping to have the dream prom dress for you. 

Don’t stress about Prom dress shopping this year. With these six stores, you are sure to find the perfect dress for your prom night.