Top 5 pizza places in the Quad Cities

Justin Clemons
Due to the widespread popularity, pizza is a common lunch and dinner food item.

Pizza is a world renowned food item. According to the BBC, 40 million Americans eat pizza for dinner and it is considered to be the most popular food item in the world. Everywhere, people put their own unique style on pizza, many of which are featured in the Quad Cities. With that being said, here is a list of the top 5 favorite pizza places in the QC.

1) Lopiez  

Lopiez, a pizza parlor in Davenport, is known for their delicious New York style pizza. They have a wide variety of pizza and they come in large sizes. They have 20 inch and 10 inch pizza sizes which are more than enough to feed several people. Lopiez is open 5-10 P.M. Thursday through Saturday.

2) Sports Fans

Sports Fans is a popular restaurant in Bettendorf that has been around since 1988. Sports Fans is a very welcoming restaurant that showcases all the popular games being played at the moment which makes for a fun environment. They make all kinds of great pizza: canadian bacon, taco, veggie or even reuben. You name it and they’ll have it. They have as many toppings as you can think of to construct your own amazing pizza. 

3) Pizza Shack

Pizza Shack, in Davenport, may be a small shop but is appetizing nevertheless. Due to its small size, Pizza Shack is strictly drive through so be sure to order ahead of time. Even with the odd pick-up service, the pizza is amazing. It is an Italian style pizza cut in rectangular slices and is crafted with toppings mixed in the sauce and cheese sprinkled on last.

4) Tony’s Chicago Pizza

Located in Moline, Illinois, Tony’s is a great place to go with friends and family. They are an authentic Chicago style pizza place that makes their own crust and sauce for their customers. They serve deep dish style along with traditional thin crust pizza. At Tony’s you can craft your own pizza with whatever toppings and style you prefer.

5) Smash Pizza

Smash pizza is a small pizza shop in Bettendorf that has a mix of different style pizzas including a 16 inch New York style and a 14 inch Sicilian square pizza. Either style is great, but the Sicilian squares are extremely flavorful. It is recommended that you eat Smash Pizza for lunch because they have a 5 day fermentation process which often results in a shortage of Sicilian style pizzas.

$580
$1000