Top five shows on Prime Video

Shivam Patel
Prime Video has an assortment of shows to choose from.

Finding a new show to watch is one of the best feelings an avid binge watcher can feel. Unfortunately, it is not always easy to find entertaining shows. So, here is a list of the top five shows on Prime Video.

1. Upload

Upload is a sci-fi romantic satire written by the Emmy Award winner Greg Daniels. The show takes place in the future where eternal life has been achieved through a digital world known as the “upload”. For a very expensive fee, you can now upload your loved ones to a digital world when they are either dying or approaching death through age. These high fees make uploading a luxury usually only available to the rich. If you can afford to upload, there is no shortage of options as there are many different companies with different upload worlds, luxuries, and settings. Upload focuses on a man named Nathan Brown who was working on creating his own upload world that would be free of cost, allowing those in the lower and middle class to achieve eternal life. However, this project was cut short after Nathan was seriously injured in a suspicious car crash. Fortunately, his girlfriend at the time was very wealthy and uploaded him so they could remain together. As Nathan continues his new life in the digital world he continuously comes across signs that his death was not an accident, but a murder planned by someone who didn’t want Nathan’s free upload world to threaten their million dollar upload world.

1. Invincible

Invincible is centered around 17 year-old Mark Grayson, but unlike traditional teenagers, Mark has super powers. Mark’s dad is known by the world as Omni-man, the most powerful superhero on Earth. Omni-man comes from the planet Viltrum where everyone has extraordinary strength and the ability to fly. Mark’s mom is a human and this makes Mark half human and half Viltrumite. It was always Mark’s dream to become a superhero like his dad, but as he learns to be a hero he begins to find that his dad isn’t everything Mark had always known him to be.

1. Gen V

Gen V is a spin-off of the popular show The Boys and is centered around students at the superhero university, Godolkin University. This university is meant to be home to the best of the next generation’s superheroes. At this university students hone their skills to eventually go out in the world to either save people or use their talents for arts and entertainment. However, student rankings at the school aren’t dependent on talent but popularity. The more viral a student can get or the more attention they can get from trustees dictates their rankings in the school. Despite this absurd system, everything went on as normal until the number 1 ranked student, Luke, killed himself. As the students begin to investigate why Luke killed himself, they begin to find the school isn’t what it seems.

1. The Boys

The Boys is a show centered around a society reliant on superheroes for protection. There are many superheroes but the strongest and most popular are known as The Seven and they work for the superhero company called Vought. However, unlike stereotypical superheroes, these superheroes are self-centered villains only concerned about the “points” public favor awards them. Fortunately, four unique men see through this ruse and are on a mission to destroy The Seven. Along their journey they learn about the dark origin of superheroes and atrocities Vought has committed.

1. The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty follows a 16 year-old girl named Belly. Belly’s mom, Laurel, is bestfriends with Susannah, a resident of Cousins Beach. In order to maintain this relationship, Belly and her mother spend every summer with Susannah and her two sons, Conrad and Jermiah. Belly decides to make this summer the best one yet by immersing herself in activities ranging from the Debutante Ball to late night campfires. Amidst all this adventure, Belly finds herself lost between her romantic feelings for both Conrad and Jeremiah. As Belly strives to find a way to solve her love triangle, the viewer can be sure to find more than enough action, drama, and romance to keep them on the edge of their seats.

Hopefully this list will add a few new shows to viewers’ watch list. Happy watching!