Halloween hits the high school

The haunted theater has become a yearly tradition at Pleasant Valley High School. Each year the theater department turns the auditorium into a haunted house experience. It is an event for people of all ages to attend and enjoy.

Haunted Theater is always unique compared to other events the drama club puts on, especially for those who are ‘acting’ in it.

— Jimmy Guest

The haunted theater provides an experience different from a typical haunted house. In this event, the actors provide an interactive experience for those who attend.

All of the content in the haunted theater is created by students. Francis Dunbar, Pleasant Valley High School assistant theater director, stated, “Adult staff creates a loose theme or setting for the event and students are encouraged to create and design individual ‘scenes’ that appear in the haunted theater.”

The experience is not just unique for the people attending the event, but also for the students acting in it. When going through the haunted theater, each situation is different. The actors each have a unique situation and ask the audience to help them. Guest also stated, “It gives students the chance to really step out of their comfort zone.”

The haunted theater is a charity fundraiser for the theater department and the TOTS Eat Program. The TOTS eat program is a charity lead by the International Thespian Society. All food donations go to the TOTS Eat program, and the funds help provide the PV Drama department with materials, equipment and support for theater students.

If students would like to learn more about how to participate in the haunted theater, visit Mr. Dunbar in room 154.