Top five foods to eat to gain muscle

As summer is just around the corner, more and more people are discussing how to get their “summer bod”. Eating these foods is a good way to build muscle, while still decreasing the consumption of calories and fat.

Grilled Chicken

Grilled chicken is a delicious way to get your desired amount of protein in, while keeping your calories and fat content low. One serving of a grilled chicken breast usually contains around 120 calories, 2 grams of fat, and 26 grams of protein.

Steak

Steaks are also a very healthy option to help you gain muscle. A well-cooked steak can be one of the most delicious foods out there, while only typically having around 220 calories, 11 grams of fat, and 26 grams of protein.

Protein Shakes

Protein shakes come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. There is protein powder, pre-made protein shakes, protein milk, and more. Protein also comes with all different types of macros, which you can pick from based on your goal. If you want to bulk up, there are high protein, high calorie, and high carb protein shakes or powders. On the contrary, if you would like to maintain weight and try to put on some muscle, there are high protein, low calorie powders or shakes.

Eggs

Eggs are a fantastic breakfast option. They are tasty, very high in protein, mediocre in calories, and can go with a lot of things! You can make breakfast casserole, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast burritos, or just eat them plain. Each egg typically contains about 75 calories and seven grams of protein.

Low Fat Greek Yogurt

Greek Yogurt is another awesome breakfast option, or could even be a mid day snack. Greek yogurt tastes very similar to regular yogurt, yet has only 180 calories, 5 grams of fat, and 24 grams of protein.