Switch setting record sales

The Nintendo Switch gaming console was released earlier this month with a starting price of $300. This device is the most popular portable gaming console. The Switch allows the gamer to be able to play games on the go. It can be played on the television at home or wherever one goes. While the Switch is about $50 more than the current prices of the Xbox 1 and Playstation 4, it is essentially paying for a gaming console at home and a mobile gaming device.

One real dilemma that a high school student might face is whether the Nintendo Switch is really worth the price? Jackson Ferry, senior, believes it is well worth it. He said, “I got it mainly for my house; I didn’t think I would take it out much. Over spring break, though, I brought it with me. It being portable really makes it worth the price.”

Along with the device being portable, another reason people would want to purchase the Nintendo Switch is to play games only made for Nintendo. Ferry said “The reason why I purchased the Switch was to play Nintendo games that I cannot play on my Playstation 4.”

After not even being available for more than a month, the Nintendo Switch’s sales are doing very well. According to the BGR, the device is sold out everywhere except Amazon, and people have to pay a premium to get one. Stores are expecting shortages of the Switch for the foreseeable future. Nintendo is projecting themselves to sell 20 million consoles during the first year of availability, shattering the sales of the Wii U.