Fun activities for your Easter weekend

With Easter weekend just around the corner, many families try to think of fun activities that the whole family can do.  Many people celebrate with a large family get together that includes fun games, dying eggs, a big dinner, and going to church.

According to visitquadcities.com, “On Saturday, April 15 from 11am-1pm, LeClaire Park & Rec hosts their Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Hollyhock Park, 201 N. 6th Street. Egg hunting starts promptly at 11am; bring your own basket. Enjoy food, music, a bounce house, and a visit from the Easter Bunny.”  If a big city Easter egg hunt isn’t a perfect fit for families, there are many other ways one can do an exciting egg hunt no matter the age.  Some families will do a blindfolded Easter egg hunt, where the kids of the family are blindfolded and the adults direct them around the yard to find the eggs.  Many teens will complain that a simple egg hunt is too easy and boring, and this will make it more challenging and add a funny twist for everyone.

Another fun activity any family could take part in is coloring or dying hard boiled eggs. Rachel Tebbe, senior, said, “My family colors on our eggs with a clear crayon and write messages to each other!  Also, we mix our dyes and have a competition to see who can make the prettiest and ugliest egg.”  Many families are like Tebbe’s family. Whether that means there is a friendly contest for the prettiest, funniest, weirdest, ugliest, and craziest egg, or just for the fun of it.

Generally, the day ends with a large family dinner. Some travel for this dinner, go out to eat somewhere, or have the meal at their own home. McKenna Olsen, junior, and her family usually go to Chicago to celebrate Easter with her grandparents. Olsen said, “We tend to have a big dinner with a lot of our cousins and other family members. After the meal, we usually go on an Easter egg hunt. The eggs contain either money or little notes that lead to other eggs. I always look forward to seeing all of my family on Easter and eating a tasty meal that is made by my grandparents.”