Spartify: What’s on your playlist? Carter Duwa

The spotlight is on junior Carter Duwa this week. Duwa is a starter on the PV boys basketball team and dedicates himself to the sport year-round. He just began in-season practices for basketball and his first game is approaching quickly. He listens to music to motivate and focus himself before games, and to keep himself occupied throughout his day.

Duwa’s favorite music genre is country, preferring a mix of modern and past country music. These contrasting styles appeal to him because they were his favorite at different times in life. “If I had to choose a favorite genre, it would be country because every song has an important and relatable message. They are musically appealing and great to listen to,” said Duwa. Duwa’s preferred artist, breakout country star, Luke Bryan quickly raised the bar for other country artists with his ballads and new-age country music. “He has a lot of good songs; they really appeal to me as a listener,” said Duwa. “They are constantly playing while I’m driving.” Bryans music is easy for him to relate to and reminds him of great moments in life.

Courtesy of the Red White and Blue by Toby Keith is Duwa’s favorite song. “It has a fantastic message on how Americans are strong,” said Duwa. His most frequented playlist is full of country songs. He listens to this playlist for motivation and focus before games.